Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:28:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Guolin Cheng <chenggl@yahoo.com>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reserved ports too limited for amd (automount) on FreeBSD 4.1

Matt Heckaman,

 Thanks.

 I changed using sysctl command after FreeBSD 4.1 reboot, the problem is: even
the parameter is changed ( sysctl -w net.inet.ip.portrange.lowfirst=2023 ), the
amd still using ports <1024, since the reserved ports already was in use from
1023! and now they will be used one by one sequentially!!! :((

 Yours sincerely,

 Guolin Cheng

--- Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET> wrote:

=====