Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:37:25 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        ch <ch@shot1.org>
Cc:        Lee_Shackelford@dot.ca.gov, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Do sorted messages exist?

On 2003-02-27 21:26, ch <ch@shot1.org> wrote:
> Like you I just signed up and was amazed at how much mail this list
> genereated.  After some googeling, I found that procmail and mutt
> was the answer.
>
> Have a look at http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/
>
> A procmail recipe with ^TO_freebsd-questions@freebsd.org will catch
> all of these emails and you can throw them into a separate unix
> mbox.

You should probably filter based on the Sender: header instead.  The
procmail rule is a lot cleaner and it will only catch mail that is
delivered to your address as a result of the subscription to the
list.

    :0 H
    * ^sender: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
    freebsd-questions

This way if I hit 'g' in my mutt window and reply both to the list and
to you, messages that are intended to reach you and not the list will
end up in your `Inbox' folder, while list stuff will be filtered to
the right place.