Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 02:54:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        wes@bogon.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Are these bugs?

 * I realize some of the ports can't avoid it (i.e. Netscape which
 * hard-codes /usr/local into the binary), but even emacs, which can be
 * passed the --with-prefix=${PREFIX} flag to configure doesn't use it.

Are you sure?  As far as I can tell, the emacs port has GNU_CONFIGURE
defined, which would add --prefix=${PREFIX} to the configure command
line.  (Don't tell me --prefix is different from --with-prefix. ;)

Satoshi