Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 13:52:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@cs.ucla.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   John's latest round of changes

I've been running a CVSup'd kernel from yesterday, relatively trouble
free. I'd concur with John: it seems OK for the moment, but be prepared
to back out at a moment's notice.

Do not use soft updates. That's still pretty unstable (although I've
yet to get a decent panic and traceback -- machine spontaneously
reboots under load.)

Also, I did manage to get through a 'make world' w/minimal problems
last night, and my disks (I'm a WD wanker too!) pass fsck checks.

I'm going to try to track down the problems I've encountered, but
since the kernel doesn't panic, these are notoriously NP hard to
locate.

-scooter