Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:38:25 +0000
From:      LtCdData <ltcddats@nildram.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ghostscript8 fails to build

Hi
I am having problems building ghostscript8-8.63 from ports with the below
error<snip>
: multiple definition of `gs_shared_init'
./obj/../soobj/gdevl256.o(.text+0x780): first defined here
gmake[1]: *** [bin/../sobin/libgs.so.8.63] Error 1
</snip>
After some googling about it seems this is an old issue with  a conflict
between lvga256 and vgalib. The fix seems to be to build it without SVGAlib,
but so far I have failed to get it to do. Ill assume I am doing something
wrong here as I am not a coder. Any help with how to actually get
ghostscript8 to build without SVGAlib would be much appreciated