Date:      05 May 2002 13:22:43 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        AMI <ami@lycos.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Changing X window managers

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 22:58, AMI wrote:
> How I can to choose and change Window Manager under X? FreeBSD 4.5 STABLE
> distributive set it as twm desktop as default. And can I create several
> runnable desksides for using X, for instance, KDE, Gnome, AfterStep, gwm and
> other and load their alternately?
>

> WBR,
> Andrew

Probably the easiest way, to get started with, is /stand/sysinstall (as
root of course). You will have 5 or 6 'window managers' to choose from
in there. Or just install from the ports, there are many, many to choose
from.
As for switching between window managers, there's xdm, kdm, gdm, and
maybe more, not sure.
--
Chip W
www.wiegand.org