Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 15:33:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        cosmos@misery.bssc.org (Daniel Leeds)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login ids > 7

> can freebsd support extended login ids?
>
> ie, a user with 10 characters instead of 7?

Yes.  There are defines in the header files.

After which you will need to rebuild the world.

And you will need to rebuild the world for any machine you are using YP
for, since YP assumes 8 characters for wire transport by default.

Be a real bugger if one of them is a Sun machine and you don't have
Solaris source code.  8-).

BTW: The default limit is not 7.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org