Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:24:56 -0500
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIC bonding/teaming

At 17:14 2006-01-13, Dan Nelson wrote:
>In the last episode (Jan 13), Ian Lord said:
> > >
> > >I think you want ng_one2many(4).
> >
> > I did a lot of tests with carp (was not appropriate at all), and
> > ng_one2many
> >
> > I was able to make two nics appears at one with ng_one2many, but
> > after severals days of tests and research, dropped it because it
> > caused bad side effects and when I was pulling one nic out, it was
> > stopping to transmit/receive for some moment. Also on the switch,
> > both nics were registering the same mac address so my cisco was
> > sending me warning about it every minute.
>
>That's because you forgot to configure your cisco and tell it those two
>ports were trunked together :)
>
>Another alternative to ng_one2many is ng_fec, which despite its name
>does not actually negotiate the FEC protocol with the remote end (you
>have to hardcode it on the switch), but does do mac/ip port hashing.
>That prevents packet reordering within flows.  Patches to add LACP
>negotiation (FEC is obsolete) are welcome though :)

Oups :) Forgot to mention I was looking for switch redundancy also...
So each nics were plugged into 2 separate switches so I was not able
to configure the switch as trunk or etherchannel...

On windows, I am able to team the nics on two different switches
without problem with the hp or Intel teaming software, I guess only
one nic works at the same time and register it's mac address in the
switch tcam...

For the original question, it should work with ng_one2Many :)