Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 13:21:36 -0700
From:      Caleb Walker <calebwalker@netzero.net>
To:        Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
Cc:        Thomas Good <tomg@mailhost.nrnet.org>, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem

Um... in the ppp.conf it says, "Make sure that 'device' references the
correct serial port for your modem.  (cuaa0 = COM1, cuaa1 = COM2)".
This tells me that this is a simple text document that was written as an
example to modify.  So, what is the true way to make for sure what
device the modem is using and how to configure them to work properly.
Is there a dmesg like thing that I can do to make for sure that what I
am looking at is really what the computer is using as a modem.

Maybe I am wrong here I dont know but this is what I was thinking in
this situation.  Am I wrong?  Should I just assume that the ppp.conf is
correct in saying that cuaa1 is the modem?  Or, should I think that
cuaa1 might be the seial port that my mouse is using.  If so then how
does one configure this device because right now the cuaa1 is configured
for  1200 baud?  Lots of questions here.  Thank You guys so much for
replying to my question.

I am reading about  this to, so, dont think that I am lazily sitting
back waiting for you to answer my questions, but your help is much
appreciated!

Thank you much,
Caleb Walker