Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 05:11:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      riccardo@torrini.org
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   advocacy/26744: Unable to send mail to FreeBSD.org from home and from work

>Number:         26744
>Category:       advocacy
>Synopsis:       Unable to send mail to FreeBSD.org from home and from work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have static IP address at home (ADSL) and static IP at work (HDSL) but
neither from home nor from work I am able to sent mail to FreeBSD.org to
submit PR or to write to mailing list.  I am currently subscribed only
to freebsd-current, but I can only read messages, write fail with:
<<< 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname
<freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>... Deferred: 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname

>How-To-Repeat:
Send mail to FreeBSD.org from a static IP without reverse entry in DNS.
>Fix:
Remove sendmail paranoid.  A static IP w/out reverse must be enabled.
Is more secure than a dynamic IP (dial-up) with reverse (IMHO).
If my ISP is unable to fix is not a my fault.  Also my ISP doesn't have
reverse on his IP so I cannot send mail using his smtp gateway  :-(