Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:40:59 -0600
From:      "Adam Maloney" <adam@whee.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS/Sendmail issue since upgrading to 4.9-STABLE

Just an update for anyone paying attention to this issue.

We are going to temporarily move the inbound Sendmail queue to be local
rather than NFS.  We'll run like this through the holiday weekend and see if
the problems we're having continue or not.  If they stop happening, then we
can be pretty confident that some change in the NFS client code is causing
this (the problems started when we upgraded the 1st client, before making
any changes to the server).

We've also noticed another problem that we believe to be NFS related as well
with these same machines.  It started happening at exactly the same time
(though less frequently).  This 2nd issue is in a custom application that we
are running.  At this time I don't have a lot of detail, but we are fairly
confident that it is also NFS related.  Making the inbound Sendmail queues
local will also isolate this to be NFS or not.

I will report back on Monday with our results.

I appreciate everyone's input.