Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 20:29:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Tracy <stevet@acs.stritch.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Where can I find more information?

I am trying to find more technical/administrative information on FreeBSD
such as what are the size limitations on available filesystems, can swap
be spread across multiple disks, what are the steps necessary to set up a
system with two NIC's so that one NIC is connected to our campus network
and the other is used to connect 4 FreeBSD systems together to share
NIS, NFS, and other information, several NIS setup questions, advanced
mail, web and ftp setup questions (such as web farming, etc.), how many
users/ processes per RAM, CPU, DISK, NIC, etc...  I have a LOT of
questions :)   Although I would love to have someone who could answer all
of these questions for me, I think it would be better if someone could
point me to a good source, or several good sources, of information in any
format (web, print, email, etc.).

For anyone interested in why I have so many questions, I'm putting
together an Internet solution at our university to replace a DEC Alpha
3000 and the systems that we are looking at getting are four Dual Pentium
II 333Mhz (we'll just use the one processor until a release version of
FreeBSD with SMP comes out), 512MB RAM, four 4.5GB UltraWide SCSI drives
connected to an Adaptec 3940UW controller, two SMC 10/100 PCI NIC's and 1
8mm SCSI Tape drive to be used among the four systems probably using
amanda or a custom solution.  Our DEC Alpha will be kept on as a PPP and
DNS server and possibly as the Master NIS server.

TIA for any leads or information that you can provide.

Steve Tracy
Computer Lab & Internet Service Manager
Cardinal Stritch University
6801 N Yates Rd / Box 95A