Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:54:37 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billak@fox56.tv>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making mail dir bigger ASAP

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:56:49AM -0400, Bill A. K. thus sprach:

> Hey, does anybody know how I can make the mail directory
> (/var/mail) bigger...in a operating environment, or if i
> stick in another hard drive, how do I change everything over
> smoothly...please help, the server is full as we speak!

I made a directory called /usr/mail.  Then I just shut mail down
for a moment or so.  Moved the contents of /var/mail to /usr/mail.
Moved /var/mail /var/mail-old and made a symlink to /usr/mail
from /var/mail and restarted the mail system.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com