Date:      04 Dec 2002 10:10:50 +0100
From:      Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware questions

	Hi Randy!

On 02 Dec 02 at 18:51, "Randy" (Randy Bush) wrote:

Hello Randy,

Thanks for the answers, thanks a lot. Still, there are more -
what is The Right Way to set up the networking? I tried the
following:

   - host-only setup, non-bridged vmnet1 (ip 192.168.0.1), -
 vmware starts fine, but guest os being configured as 192.168.0.2
 doesn't see 192.168.0.1 ... the docs are vague on this subject,
 so I tried also dhcp, which also didn't work somehow

  - bridged setup, vmnet0, - vmware complains 'cannot query
  bridging status on vmnet0' and stops.

Any ideas?

 Randy> do you have cpu step enabled?  if so, disable

PS. - what's that? is it in vmware's nvram/bios setup?

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH