Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:05:20 -0400
From:      Justin Pessa <jpessa@gmail.com>
To:        Antonia Savio <antonia_savio@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sharp UM32W Powering Off Problem

On 10/24/05, Antonia Savio <antonia_savio@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Justin...
>
> I got the powering off problem with my Sharp UM32w
> laptop as well.

Eeeek, another one!

so, do you have solid numbers on exactly how many
> people are having this problem?!

Currently I am aware of roughly 5 people or so (who's email adressed I have=
)
who are having this problem. I know there are plenty more out there.

and are you sure that the videocard is causing the
> problem?

>From what I was told by the techs at Sharp, this is the source of the
problem. My system was repaired twice, once for a faulty sound card (which
again broke after the repair) and once for a faulty video card (which knock
on wood hasn't had a problem since).

what can I do? Because I don't have warranty anymore.
> In additon I am in Denmark and bought the laptop on
> ebay.com <http://ebay.com>; USA.

See if you can find out how far out of warranty the unit is. Then call them
and demand it be fixed. Mine was a few months out and they _still_ fixed it
(which is what led me to believe that this is may be a known problem). I
will dig up the support # I used and email it to you when I'm home from
work.

Do you think if I go to Sharp, they would fix it for
> me? Sharp do not sell the UM32w in Europe... so I am
> not sure what to do?!

I'm sure they would but from what I've heard it's an extremely large sum of
money.

I will keep you informed if I stir up enough dust to make a legal move
possible. Thanks for contacting me (and cc'ing the Freebsd-mobile list for
the archives!).

Thanks Antonia

--
- justin

"Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!"