Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:33:53 -0800
From:      "Robert Shea" <robert.shea@onlinecables.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Pronunciations

%On 30-Nov-00 Roop Nanuwa wrote:
~snip~
%
%I used to say the letters: f-s-c-k, but now I usually say "fisk".
%(rhymes with
%disk)
%
I learned from mostly very bitter sys admins, that always called fsck "f
suck" and in fact, outside of this thread, I have never heard it called
anything else. Considering how long it can take on larger drives... I'd have
to agree that at times it is very appropriate.

~snip~

Robert