Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:25:27 -0400
From:      David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: p0f, bpf, and jail

Hello,

I'm using FreeBSD 12 on amd64 hardware. p0f is passive os
fingerprinting, what I'm wanting to do is determine by passively
analyzing a connecting machines tcp stack what kind of machine it is,
and based on that result add in an email header to the message. So,
for example if someone connects to my system by means of an xp laptop
and tries to send email, I'll know by that email header the type of
connecting machine. Later down the antispam chain the antispam
software can take an action most likely a silent drop, based on that
header.

Thanks.
Dave.