Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 15:26:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dhclient install in 2.2.5 freebsd

HI folks,

I have spent three nights trying to go to the internet from Freebsd 2.2.5
through the cable modem.
My win95 goes to it fine as dhcp client.
Now I have noticed for past 15 days that the IP address provided by
the DHCP has not changed, so I thought I should be able to install
my Freebsd 2.2.5 in one of my old P133 machinne and make it a router
for other computers in my home.
But no this is what I get
Ping: sendto: host not found.
but I am able to ping my local machines.
Keep in mind I only have one network card and I aliased it to see the
local machines.
But then I thought I should be able to ping the cable modem at least.
So I did so many things for example natd/ipfw also, did not work.
I have came across some wherere that I need to have dhclient installed.
If it is true, then how can get the dhclient installed in my 2.2.5
freebsd, that does not have any interenet connection.
Please help or tell me what I am doing wrong.
Please!!!

Jahanur R Subedar
WWW.JJSOFT.COM