Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:53:31 +0100
From:      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bonobo port doesn't build

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > > It's possible, I upgraded from FreeBSD 4.5 to 4.8 a while ago, some old
> > > stuff may be carried over.  I hope the listing below gives enough info.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the quick reply!
> >
> > Remove:
> >
> > /usr/local/include/libIDL
> > /usr/local/include/orb
> > /usr/local/include/orbit-idl2.h
> >
> > And you should be set.
>
> Sorry, you'll also need to delete:
>
> /usr/local/include/IIOP
> /usr/local/include/ORBitservices
> /usr/local/include/ORBitutil

Done that.  The Bonobo build gets a lot further now...  OK, I managed to
build bonobo.  Thanks!

I was actually trying to build "ogle-gui", which requires "glade", which
requires "bonobo".  It's hard to imagine how all these dependencies ever
got into place.  Then chance of a port failing to build appears to
increase every day... :-(

Now it stopped at the configure script for ogle-gui:

checking for gtk-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config
checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.7... *** GTK+ header files (version 1.2.8) do not match
*** library (version 1.2.10)
no
configure: error: You must have gtk+ development files

Hmm, I'm quite sure I have GTK 1.2.10 installed....

--
LAUNCELOT: I am, sir. I am a Knight of King Arthur.
FATHER:    'Mm ... very nice castle, Camelot ... very good pig country....

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.Vim.org          \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\  Help AIDS victims, buy here: http://ICCF-Holland.org/click1.html  ///