Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 14:21:54 +0100
From:      dslb@tiscali.dk
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP server problem

On 2002.12.07 13:47 Damien Hull wrote:

> I run a FreeBSD FTP server. For some reason it works only some of
> the
> time. Here is what happens:
>
> 	1. I can log into the FTP server from any where
> 	2. I can transfer files from any where
> 	3. I can CD into any directory I want
> 	4. I can not use the ls command from some locations.
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I would like to be able
> see what I have when I'm on my ftp server.

Who do you login as? If you can CD into any dir and transfer form any whe=
re,
it sounds like root, but for security reasons you should disable root log=
ins
(it is disabled by default). If you are not root, then the raeson you can=
't
ls in some dir's, is maybe because you don't have read permissions to tha=
dir?

br
socketd