Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:59:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lee J Carmichael <lcarmich@wamnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do IBM Netfinity Servers Run Freebsd Well?

We've had luck with the 4000R (now the x330) some of the 4500R had an
ethernet chipset that was just recently patched, afterwards it worked
great. I really like the engineering behind the physical box, they are
designed (the 4500 and x340) for data center like operations. (nice
racking tools, cable management, quick access to drives and other internal
components...) If you are interested in purchasing some, go to a third
party vendor (like CDW) and you'll get about 5-10% cost reduction. (unless
you have a small business relationship with IBM).

IMHO, they are a very good choice for x86 servers. (I wouldn't choice
anything else, but who am i? ;) )

--------
Lee Carmichael		WAM!NET Inc.
System Engineer		655 Lone Oak Rd Building E
651-256-5292		Eagan, MN 55121