Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:12:31 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IP Traffic monitoring

ntop (from http://ntop.org) does a very good job of traffic
monitoring, however
you'll definitely need to download the source from their homepage &
compile.
I know there is a port or a package, but last time I looked it was a
very old
version & functions were severely limited compared with the version
available
from ntop.org. Main problems with ntop are the virtually non-existent
documentation
& inability to easily log statistics for later use. It doesn't need X
because its run on
the server but output is viewed in a remote browser (sorta like
webmin)