Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 22:55:20 -0400
From:      Avram Dorfman <dorfman@est.org>
To:        "Paul Halliday" <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: getting isa pccard reader working

Well, after a long hard battle of looking for new hard drives, digging up
3.x CD's, etc, I have 3.5.1 running, and it does in fact recognize the PC
Card reader. I can get it to "beep" when I insert a WaveLAN card, and spit
out an error message  to the effect of "driver allocation failed for Lucent
Technologies."

Can anyone point me to a resource on getting this card running? If there
isn't one out there, and anyone is interested in helping me directly,
following is some info you might need.

Thanks!
-Avram

Here's what I've done to my kernel to get this running:

controller      card0
device          pcic0 at card?
device          pcic1 at card?
#device         ze0     at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
#device         zp0     at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
device          wi0     at isa? port? net irq ?

and here's what I'm using for a pccardd.conf:

# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq     3 10 11 13 15
# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

# Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE
card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
        config  0x1 "wi0" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s WaveLAN/IEEE inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s WaveLAN/IEEE removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete