From:      Alex Perel <veers@disturbed.net>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cheesy benchmarks

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Phil Regnauld wrote:

> 	I think it's not so much that the results are skewed than the fact
> 	that it's not even worth calling it a bench:
>
> 	- inconsistent setup
> 	- no tuning description
> 	- no optimization description
> 	- no filesystem layout descriptions (it doesn't really matter, since
> 		this one will obviously stay in memory)
>
> 	etc...
>
> 	It's just not a benchmark.

It's a wonderful display of incompetence and lack of thought, that's what it
is. Methinks it was done haphazardly, and for what purpose? Anyone even
remotely educated will look at this and laugh. :)

      Alex G. Perel  -=-  AP5081
veers@disturbed.net  -=-  veers@samurai.com

Disturbed Networks - Powered exclusively by FreeBSD
== The Power to Serve -=- http://www.freebsd.org/