Date:      Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:33:39 -0400
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ej.cerejo@laposte.net>
To:        Joe Pokupec <joepok@ninestar.com>
Cc:        Free BSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 11 Hour Installs on KDE?

KDE is not part of Freebsd!  I takes about 5 minutes to install FBSD on
my machine!  If you're referring to kde taking so long to install, it's
because it has to build first from source.  If you were to install kde
from source in RH9 I'm sure it would take that much time also.  The
reason it installs fast in RH9 is because it installs from a binary file
(which is already compiled), you can also install kde in less than 10
minutes in FreeBSD if you use the package system, just use
/stand/sysinstall or pkg_add, read the section on it on the handbook.