Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:02:10 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world needs single user mode?

* Charles Burns <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com> [010426 06:25]:

> Despite recommendations against doing so, I did a "make world" on my server
> both in multi-user mode AND remotely. I am really lucky

Luck runs out soomer or later. Ask Butch and Sundance.

> ... you can do make worlds in multiuser mode and not destroy the universe.

You can theoretically eat broken glass and not die in agony too.
This is not generally construed as recommended behaviour.

As my old Ma would say:

"If you fall off that roof and break both your legs,
don't come running to me."

--
There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
what it is I'll get married again.