Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:29:11 -0500
From:      Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
Cc:        Geoff Coleman <freebsd@ugc.ab.ca>, Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [SUCCESS] Re: IPV6 vs IPV4 (Re: JDK14 Patchset 2 and Oracle JDBC Drivers)

[2003-02-14 10:24] Georg-W. Koltermann said:
| (re-adding -java to CC:)

See this page regarding network configuration of jdk14.
  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/net/properties.html

Basically, ISTM, the native jdk14 is behaving properly.  The
application in question (tomcat) needs to set a system property
  java.net.preferIPv4Stack: true
when IPv6 is available (in the system) but not in use.

cheers.
  brent

| Thanks a lot Geoff, with that change I can now start up Tomcat 4.1.18
| with JDK14, launch the application that we are developing, and connect
| to the database.
|
| --
| Regards,
| Georg.
|
| Am Do, 2003-02-13 um 23.24 schrieb Geoff Coleman:
| > Georg and Alexey
| >
| > I think the e-mail below explains a whole buch. I'm not running IPV6 currently although
| > it is configured into my kernel ( I did remove it from my kernel last night but it didn't help
| > my problem).
| >

| > in net_util_md.c if I put in a:
| >  return JNI_FALSE;
| >
| > At the start of IPv6_supported()
| >
| > things start working a whole lot better for me (I can now go the the netbeans update
| > and update the IDE, it crashes when I restart it but that is for another day :-) ).

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman