Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:15:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        op-tech@openpackages.org, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: :C/// regex for make(1)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Will Andrews wrote:
> I've reviewed your PR#21605 and have only one objection: the #ifndef
> NO_REGEX parts.  I don't see the point in having this (and others have
> concurred).  Is there something I missed about when someone may not want
> regex support in make(1)?

I've left the #ifdef in as it's in the NetBSD code.  I can only guess that
the reason is to make it easier to bootstrap make(1) on systems that don't
have regexp routines. Seeing that FreeBSD has dropped all the
bootstrapping code, it's probably best to just put in the code
unconditionally.

> As soon as I can get -current working on my laptop again I'll test your
> changes and do a closer review of the code.  Then commit, pending any
> changes.

OK - maybe let me know when you're done.
FYI, I've tested this with 4.0-STABLE.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>