Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 1999 22:56:45 -0400
From:      "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>
To:        "Dann Lunsford" <dann@greycat.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PCI sound devices

Try this:

make sure your kernel config file has support for pci (of course)

add the line

device pcm0

to your kernel config file and recompile and reinstall the kernel and reboot

on boot, see if it configures your card as pcm something and made a snd
device accordingly  e.g.  if it configures the card as pcm0 then make a
device called snd0  ...............for pcm1 make snd1 and so on

but if it dosen't recognize your card as pcm sometime then i don't know what
else you can do, maybe someone else can help you.

oh and finally use mixer or a similar program to adjust the volume of your
sound card or else nothing will output sound!!!

good luck

Bill
billieakay@yahoo.com