Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 10:50:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, jehamby@lightside.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BeBox mention of FreeBSD...

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> It's just not up to surviving a 'factory floor' environment.  It needs
> an IP555 or better case to start with, and a real power supply.

    I think he was referring to the architecture of the box, rather
than the (one) physical implementation.  It will definitely need an
industrial-strength case and power supply, a filtered air cooling
system and a rack-mount chassis.  Still, it seems like overkill using
a BeBox as a controller when an old C64 or Apple II or IBM XT would
do...

[-hackers removed from the cc:]
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.