Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:14:22 -0800
From:      Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   eggdbus calls xsltproc with -nonet: how is that supposed to work?

In course of an expensive portmaster run to try and resolve some =
stubborn ports (telepathy-glib among them),  eggdbus kept failing. The =
command it choked on was an invocation of xsltproc with -nonet which as =
best I can tell requests a remote file without using the network.=20

       --nonet
           Do not use the Internet to fetch DTDs, entities or documents.

gmake[3]: Entering directory =
`/usr/ports/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/docs/man'
/usr/local/bin/xsltproc -nonet =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl =
eggdbus-binding-tool.xml
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity =
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
cannot parse =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
gmake[3]: *** [eggdbus-binding-tool.1] Error 4
gmake[3]: Leaving directory =
`/usr/ports/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/docs/man'

Running it by hand, outside the build process, and then letting the =
build process pick up what it found ("oh, look, this is already done.") =
seemed to work. =20

[root@shuttle /usr/ports/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/docs/man]#  =
xsltproc -v -nonet =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl =
eggdbus-binding-tool.xml=20
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity =
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
cannot parse =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
[root@shuttle /usr/ports/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/docs/man]#  =
xsltproc -v =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl =
eggdbus-binding-tool.xml=20
creating dictionary for stylesheet
reusing dictionary from =
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl =
for stylesheet
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : found stylesheet
exclude result prefix exsl
xsltPrecomputeStylesheet: removing ignorable blank node

telepathy-glib did get upgraded, partly due to some issues with vala, =
gio, gir, and friends not being up-to-date, even after repeated =
rebuilds.=20

--
Paul Beard

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?=20