Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 01:33:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Craig Johnston <caj@lfn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   making linux java app work under freebsd

Ok, here is the scoop.  We've got a Linux version of RealProducer, which
we need to use to splice together realaudio files.  If I can't make it work
under FreeBSD we gotta switch to a Linux box.  (boo, hiss.)

uname -a says:
FreeBSD jam.xxx.com 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #0: Fri Jul 23 00:44:51 CDT 1999     caj@jam.xxx.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/JAM  i386

When I try to run the Linux binary it complains thusly:
/usr/local/rprod/bin/RealProducer: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/rprod/lib/i686/green_threads/libjava.so: undefined symbol: _dl_symbol_value

'file' says:
RealProducer: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

So where do I go from here?

thanks,
Craig.