Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:26:22 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "jacks@sage-american.com" <jacks@sage-american.com>, "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Apache_FP ?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:07:33 -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:

>Ok, so yes Is the answer to my original question.
>But reading this thread you talk about /~username  and /username
>as if they are two different things.
>Please explain the difference.
>
>Could you post a example of the declaratives in hhtpd.conf
>that would create what we are talking about?
>
>Will web site content created by mswindows FrontPage 2000,
>that was ftp loaded into a apache subdirectory work,
>or does the fp_mod provide more that just the function of
>downloading from within the mswindows fp client application?

they are.

/~username/ is stored under the users home directory (ie, generally
defaults to /home/username/public_html/)..  you can't (at least, i
can't figure out how to) use frontpage extentions that way.  you can
however, create a "frontpage" user account, and point to go under the
main root web.  (ie /usr/local/data/www/tom).

fp_mod allows you to setup the whole frontpage hiecharchy in your main
web directory. (ie /usr/local/data/www)

you can have sub webs, different users, multiple admins, etc etc

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 6E7B 9993 B503 6D45  E33A 2019 26E5 C1DB