Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:39:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        voland@plab.ku.dk (Vadim Belman)
Cc:        dcs@newsguy.com, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, bright@wintelcom.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: speaking of 3.4...

As I recall, Vadim Belman wrote:
> 	Hm, I know few people who think twice before choosing FreeBSD for
> 	their needs. They think versions change too fast. For some this is
> 	a sign of bad stability (heh...) others just scared of necessity of
> 	following the releases.

Well, I suppose it depends in part on how necessary you think
following releases is.

My main server is running 2.1-STABLE, the rest of my machines are
2.2-STABLE.  I've followed the security patches in BIND and
sendmail, but there's nothing they need to do they can't do as
configured.

Trailing edge is good in production.

My 3.3-RELEASE CDs are still shrink wrapped, though I was planning
to fire them up on a test box over the long Thanksgiving holiday.  I
just saw too many "I upgraded my 2.2 box to 3.2, and now I'm having
these crashes" messages on this list to jump in.

Now, where I work we have some 3.2 machines that are running fine.
So don't take this as an indictment, just my personal quirk
perhaps.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net