Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:34:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Nash <nash@mcs.net>
To:        rhh@ct.picker.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848: no IRQ

On 18 Apr, Randall Hopper wrote:
>  |The -current driver incorrectly identified the tuner as TEMIC PAL.
>  |Currently, I'm overriding the tuner detection to my own tuner settings:
>
> Yep, looks like the FR1236, once the #defines are replaced.

You're right -- I thought I'd tried that tuner and it didn't work
(darn, I read up on I2C for nothing :).

> If this is a general problem with the latest driver and/or -current, other
> folks should be able to see on XFree by running with Direct Video disabled:
>
>       fxtv -disableDirectV

Can somebody try this and report their success/failure and bt848 driver
version to the list?  (Oops, I just remembered there's no $Id$ in
brooktree848.c.)

>  |not being sent by the bt848 interrupt handler, and that furthermore,
>  |the interrupt handler isn't ever being called itself.
>
> Hmm.  Wonder if anyone else is having trouble with their FR1236 WinTV cards
> with the latest driver/-current?
>
> Many could be and would never know, if they're running XFree86, since DGA
> mode doesn't require interrupts to work.

ACK.  Do you remember the last time you saw the driver working with
XImages?  I can try and dig up the old driver to test this theory out.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Alex