Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:15:16 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        vmori@imar.net (Vittorio Mori)
Subject:   Re: Legato "Spinet" ISDN Adapter & FreeBSD .... there is a way ?

>From the keyboard of Vittorio Mori:

> I've been working ("hacking" I must say) on a low level driver for this
> thing. I got the full PnP data block from the Siemens (the card in
> question is the "reference" board from Siemens itself, not touched by
> this [cheap] oem distributor) and figured out the i/o addresses. So I
> started modifying the Creatix PnP code to work out something usable. I'd
> need some details on how to  "integrate" it into the package ..

1) Request a flag value from me
2) add an entry for the card into FreeBSD/CONFIG
3) add driver filename to FreeBSD/files.i386.cat
4) add entry for the card to FreeBSD/options.i386.cat
5) add support to print type of card to diehl/diehlctl/main.c
6) add support to print type of card to isdnd/support.c, name_of_controller()
7) place your file as named in 3) into directory layer1
8) add the flag value and function prototypes to layer1/i4b_l1.h
9) add support for NetBSD to layer1/isa_isic.c
10) add support for attach/probe to layer1/i4b_isic.c
11) add card type to machine/i4b_ioctl.h and update CARD_TYPEP_MAX
12) add an entry to the man page man/isic.4

Produce diffs (please use context diffs, flag "-c" for diff) and send them in.

Hope this is complete,
hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77