Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:52:39 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <darryl@osborne-ind.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: apache13-fp - having mucho problems

From: "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>

:
>   it trundled along, downloaded fp50.freebsd.tar.Z and installed it.
> When done it automatically started running the  fp_install.sh
> scripts.  I answered all the questions.  I did not do any subwebs
> or virtual hosts.  It said it completed successfully.
>
> # /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start
>
> The webserver starts up.  I can go to the website and see the
> contents of the rootweb directory.
>
> launch FrontPage 2000.  Create a web.  Click publish,
> and it comes back and says that the server does not have
> frontpage extensions so I can use http to publish.  Must use
> ftp.
>
> what have I screwed up here?  Any tips would be greatly
> appreciated (No, can't forget about fp extensions).

You need to start the Apache-FP server with either:

    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh start

or

    /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start_FP

Scot

NOTE: You don't need the mod_frontpage port, if you install apache13-fp.
The mod_frontpage port is used to add mod_frontpage to the apache13, or
apache13-modssl ports.