Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:36:33 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        Igor Timkin <ivt@gamma.ru>, Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>, freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Warning: Troubles with rsync -z again

"Daniel C. Sobral" wrote:
> Peter Wemm wrote:
> > "Igor Timkin" wrote:
> >
> >>The same on ftp2.ru.freebsd.org also.
> >>

> > OK, that's the last straw.  ftp-master is running cvsupd now as well, so I
> > will do a sweep over the acl file and open it up to the mirrors and see
> > what happens.
>
> Peter, if you could make the mirroring configuration for cvsup a little
> bit more public, it might help. :-)

You know, trying to run rsync 5 times in parallel on the same archive is
probably not going to help when you have 5 rsyncd's all trying to update the
same .iso file..

But on the cvsup front, please feel free to try this:

*default        host=ftp-master.freebsd.org
*default        base=/home/cvsup	# change this
*default        prefix=/archive/pub	# change this
*default        delete use-rel-suffix
*default        compress
FreeBSD-archive release=all preserve

This will update /archive/pub/FreeBSD/*

I finally wrote a script to generate the ACL's from a common file.  ftpd,
rsyncd and cvsupd now have the same access lists.

BTW; I have created a simple "acl" collection so that people can see the
access lists:
$ rsync -q ftp-master.freebsd.org::acl/acl /tmp/acl
$ cat /tmp/acl

If people would take a look at this and let me know old/defunct stuff
I'd appreciate it.  There is some really ancient stuff here that is way
out of date.

Cheers,
-Peter