Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:15:49 -0700
From:      "Gram Wheeler" <gwheeler@microsoft.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hard drive poked?

Hi all=20

When I last tried to cvsup, I get the following types of error messages
on=20
the screen:=20

/kernel: ad0s2f: hard error reading fsbn 15273680 of 1999072-1999327
(ad0s2=20
bn 15273680 cn 1010 tn 39 sn 23) status=3D59 error=3D40=20

These keep repeating with different but similar values, and it sounds
like=20
the disk is having a hard time.=20

Does this mean my disk is poked? Interestingly, 15273680 is out of the=20
range 1999072-1999327. Is it possibly some other form of corruption that

has caused a logical inconsistency in the file system that fsck doesn't
detect?=20

tx=20
Gram=20

PS I left this running for a while, and eventually had a read error of
the cvsup file reported. I deleted the file, ran cvsup again, and this
time the cvsup completed. But I am still concerned about whether I have
just removed the symptom and not discovered the cause...