Date:      Sat, 21 May 2011 11:58:40 +0300
From:      Matthew Bowman <mgbowman@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridging + VLANS

I'm drafting a plan for a N+1 redundant network and I have hit a dead =
end. I have two Soekris NET5501 boards that I wish to deploy FreeBSD =
(NanoBSD) on and I'm trying to make sure I can setup everything before I =
move ahead.

Here's my network design: =
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/networkc.png/

I have an uplink to my ISP on a 2 IP /30 network (1.1.1.0/30 in the =
diagram) along with a public routable /28 network (10.0.0.0/28 in the =
diagram).  I need to bridge the /28 network into the core on a VLAN so I =
can easily add hosts deep in the network with IPs from the /28 network. =
The trouble I'm having is setting up RSTP on the lagg0.4 interfaces. =
=46rom what I've read you have to use MSTP for VLAN interfaces but I =
can't find anything about FreeBSD implementing MSTP. RSTP on vr0 is not =
a problem but I get "invalid argument" with ifconfig bridge0 stp lagg0.4 =
since it's a VLAN interface.

Am I overcomplicating this or am I just out of luck on this one?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew=