Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:42:35 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Mike Maltese <mike@pcmedx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ls and color

Mike Maltese wrote:

>>Is there a how to on making ls show colors or a web pages. Thanks.
>>

>Well., there's ls -G, but you could have found that in the man page, right?
>
>ls is not a web browser. Try www/lynx. if you want to grab a web page, try
>fetch or ftp/wget.

I think the OP meant "is there a how-to or a web page on
making 'ls' show colors?"

ls -G is the standard option, as man page says, equivalent
to setting CLICOLOR in your environment.

Some terminals (under X perhaps) don't handle this environment
variable without some tweaking, though, I think..... ??

KDK