Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 19:11:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>, chat@freebsd.org, terry@lambert.org
Subject:   Re: siguing into current from a random version

> Voila, we have destroyed all of the rocks behind which tree-breakers
> can hide.  If person A breaks the tree, it will be obvious that it
> is person A's fault, and the breakage can always be trivially undone
> by backing up one write-lock-label.

As an aside.
At work we would use RCS to check in and out web pages so we would not
step on each other.  This worked until someone checked out a bunch of
pages that they were "working on" and a few typos needed to be fixed.
This locking feature quickly became annoying.  :(
I can definately see why the "volunteers" don't want to enable this.