Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:37:46 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache2 with PHP4 ... anyone?

Marc,

> 	I've searched google, and find alot of ppl asking about it, but no
> answers, so either nobody is talking, or nobody is running :(

I spent a solid evening and morning trying to get it working, with no
luck (even down to fresh CVS versions of PHP, etc).  So, I broke down and
just set it up to run as a CGI (from the lang/php4 port):

% grep php /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf | grep -v ^#
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.php3 index.htm index.cgi
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php /cgi-bin/php

This is just on my home box, which is mainly used for my own playing
around and testing, there's nothing world-viewable or production on it.
I wouldn't run PHP through CGI on a 'real' server, but then, I wouldn't
yet use Apache 2.x on one either.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com