Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Yuuichi Itakura <Yuuichi_Itakura@msn.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inquiry

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Yuuichi Itakura wrote:

> I found your homepage via Magellan Search.  I recently purchased a vi
> deo capture board with a bt848 chip.  Although the device is recogniz
> ed 'working properly' in the Device Manager of W95, the Microsoft Vid
> Cap returns "Cannot initialize the device".  How do I cope with this?
>   Do I need a new driver?

You've found information regarding the use of the bt848-based capture
boards with FreeBSD, a UNIX-style operating system.  We don't support
Windoze drivers here, sorry.  You need to contact the manufacturer of your
board for driver support.

> Please advice.  Thank you very much.  By the way, was Brooktree acqui
> red by Rockwell Semiconductors?

I hadn't heard anything, but I generally don't keep track of that sort of
thing. :)

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo