Date:      Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:48:49 -0300
From:      "Noel V. Balansag" <pongkee@arnet.com.ar>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cannot connect via pppoe

hello.

question from a newbie.

i'm trying to use an adsl connection for my box, and i configured my
ppp.conf as similar to chapter 16.4 of the handbook, and im close to
tearing all my hair off as to why my adsl connection is not working.

all i get when i try to connect is "Warning: deflink: Reducing configured
MRU from 1500 to 1492".

when i use ifconfig, i get a process id for tun0, but there is no ip
address for tun0.

i placed these in /etc/rc.conf
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_nat="NO"
ppp_mode="auto"
ppp_profile="isp name"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="tun0"
natd_flags="-dynamic"

and in my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
default:
  set log Phase tun command
  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0

isp name:
  set device PPPoE:ed0:isp domain
  set authname LOGINNAME
  set authkey PASSWORD
  set dial
  set login
  add default HISADDR

my loginname and password are ok, coz i can use them via windoze.

somebody please help me. is there something that im missing? do i need to
compile netgraph into the kernel?

tnx.