Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 12:56:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@headcandy.com>
Cc:        netbsd-current@netbsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: P6 Natoma chipset

I've got a Dual CPU Natoma board (OEM Microsatar) with one CPU.  It runs
quite well.  FreeBSD-current builds in 3800sec, kernels in 215sec.  It
apparently includes the IRDA and USB header, I haven't looked for either.

Interestingly, the machine runs a neural net benchmark (lots of FPU) twice
as fast as the Indigo2 250MHz on my desk.  The SGI is using the fancy SGI
compiler...

On a side note:
I noticed a program (DOS) called VIDSPEED which enables several features
(write posting and write combining) for the orion that appear to work with
the Natoma.  Under DOS they've increased PCI graphics card throughput from
25M(pixel/byte?)/sec to 75M(pixel/byte?)/sec.  I believe that
this is actually generic to the PCI bus and not just the graphics
card.  I was wondering if anyone seen the critter and docs and if this
could be (or already is) included in Free/NetBSD.

-Rob