Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:51:21 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6

Jakob Alvermark:
 |I've plans on bying a new processor/motherboard, and AMD's K6 seems like
 |a good choice. My question is; Is it a good choice? Does it work well
 |under FreeBSD? How is it compared to Intel?
 |
 |At least it's cheap. Thanks in advance.

I've also been watching for K6 posts and have read reports on the lists of
folks running K6s successfully.  Specifically I recall reports on running
the 166Mhz @ 2.5 * 75Mhz as well as @ 2.5 * 83Mhz.  There was also at least
one report of running the 200Mhz.  ...all on the board I have: P55T2P4
v3.1.

You might want to grep the mailing list archives: at
www.freebsd.org/search.html for details.  Hopefully they've rebuilt the
index recently.

Randall Hopper