Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:34:21 -0600
From:      Scott Furry <scott.wl.furry@gmail.com>
To:        Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>,  freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: vlc 2.2.0

On 09/03/2015 08:46, Fabian Keil wrote:
> Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
>
>>   I just saw vlc 2.2.0 is out and updated the port, please test:
>>
>> 	https://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/vlc-2.2.0-001.patch
> Thanks for the update.
>
> I get a couple of warnings at build time:
>
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-egl, --disable-libvnc, --disable-quicksync, --enable-dirac, --enable-glx, --with-qt-includes, --with-qt-libraries, --with-extra-includes, --with-extra-libs
> [...]
> ====> Running Q/A tests (stage-qa)
> Warning: 'lib/vlc/plugins/codec/libtheora_plugin.so' is not stripped consider trying INSTALL_TARGET=install-strip or using ${STRIP_CMD}
> [... same message for the other plugins ....]
>
> The installed binary seems to mostly work as expected.
>
> The only regression I noticed so far is that vlc doesn't get the final window
> size right when it's started with a video file specified on the command line:
> https://www.fabiankeil.de/bilder/screenshots/vlc/vlc-2.2.0-001-rendering-flaw.jpg
>
> After going to fullscreen and back again (for example by hitting f twice)
> vlc uses the expected window size. Moving the window around has the same effect.
>
> I'm using a tiling window manager (i3) which could be part of the problem
> and I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was OS-independent.
>
> Fabian
There is also a vlc preference setting to control video sizing. So, if
you have the window not maximized, the window will be seen to adjust
"automatically" to the video size. This can be changed in
tools->preferneces->interface->"Resize Interface to video size". I
believe the default for this sitting is "checked".