Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:49:20 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Shaun Branden <shaun@pcuse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb sync with visor/ palm pilot

On Thursday 18 July 2002 11:04 am, Shaun Branden wrote:
> I am trying to get my Handspring Visor to sync with freebsd stable usin=
> anything. I am currently trying kpilot. I have added usb support to the
> kernel and get the following in /var/log/messages when i attempt a sync=
:
> Jul 19 00:20:29 sagan /kernel: ugen0: Handspring Inc Handspring Visor,
> rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
> Jul 19 00:21:21 sagan /kernel: ugen0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2)
> disconnected
> Jul 19 00:21:21 sagan /kernel: ugen0: detached
>=20
> So the device is detected, but that is as far as i get. I have tried
> /dev/ugen0
> /dev/ugen0.1
> /dev/ugen0.2
> which i have seen in different maillists/ web pages
>=20
> The visor times out and kpilot has no change.
>=20
> Has anyone been successful with syncing a visor/ palm pilot over usb ?
>=20
> shaun
> --=20
> Shaun Branden; email: shaun@pcuse.com; icq: 10469563
> Fingerprint: 2571 65A6 1F38 0168 63CB  BCE5 CA20 7F19 AA92 1949
>=20
>=20
>=20
Yes, I've been sucsessful, but that's because I have written a patch for=20
pilot-link (backend for kpilot I think) that will use the FreeBSD USB=20
interface.  I was hoping to get the licensing issues with the patch worke=
d=20
out today, but a meeting blew the whole day.  I'm hoping that I will be a=
ble=20
to get the patch submitted next week.
--=20
Anish Mistry