Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:20:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAO and 4.x

Hey all.

i've tried to do an FTP install with my PC card internet of freebsd.  No
matter what I did, it did not detect the card (a d-link DFE-650).  So I
tried using the PAO boot floppies, which DID detect it, but the release
they were after (3.5 RELEASE) was not available.

What I've done is just change the installation options so they download
4.1.1 (this may break things, I'm guessing, but it's the only way I can
download anything).  If it goes unsuccessfully I spose I'll try setting it
to 3.5.1 RELEASE instead.

My questions are this:

From what I can see some of the features of PAO have been integrated into
4.x RELEASE, however, if I was unable to access my PCcard via the install
floppies, does this mean I'll also be out of luck with the kernel?

Also,

Are there plans to make a "smarter" install floppy like the PAO ones?

Thanks,

Dan Mahoney

--

"I can feel it, comin' back again...Like a rolling thunder chasin' the
wind..."

-Dan Mahoney, JS, JB & SL, May 10th, 1997, Approx 1AM